The School for Field Studies seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative individual to join the SFS Admissions team. Our team works to prepare participants for academically rigorous, field-based experiences around the world. As Admissions Coordinator, you will work closely with students from the time that they apply, throughout the enrollment process, and up until the time they enter the field. In support of the administration of SFS education abroad programs, you will engage with a dynamic team of staff at our ten field centers around the world as well as at headquarters in Beverly, MA.
SFS envisions a world where each of us is a responsible steward of the environment and where society is grounded in the understanding that all life, including humankind, is deeply intertwined. We envision a world where all people have access to clean air, clean water, nutritious food, and the other essential services of a healthy ecosystem – now and for all future generations to come.
Young people are the future. We believe that in order to achieve our vision and solve our world’s biggest challenges, we must train and educate the next generation of leaders to think critically, act compassionately, and work collaboratively – our diversity is our strength. Climate change and other social and environmental threats are daunting, but we will be ready.
SFS creates transformative study abroad experiences through field-based learning and research. Our educational programs explore the social and ecological dimensions of the complex environmental problems faced by our local partners, contributing to sustainable solutions in the places where we live and work. The SFS community is part of a growing network of individuals and institutions committed to environmental stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students, parents, and study abroad advisors responding to email and phone inquiries, answering the Admissions hotline, and managing the general Admissions email inbox
- Advise students on program selection and assist them with application process
- Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive admission process
- Working within our database systems, process applications, and supplemental application materials
- Review application materials and work with the Admissions Manager to accept student cohorts
- Assist in the preparation of predeparture materials
- Act as primary program admissions advisor for 1-3 programs
- As needed, assist with enrollment duties such as collecting and verifying travel documents, producing reports, such as the prospect report and student emergency contact lists, and compiling and providing student information for field staff to help them prepare to receive students
- Attend occasional study abroad fairs
- Manage the Campus Representative Program
- Provide administrative support to the department and assist with other projects as needed
- Assist with the SFS Emergency Travel Phone responsibilities during travel periods
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- U.S. work authorization required
- Experience in providing excellent customer service to multiple constituents (students, parents, faculty, advisors)
- Ability to manage ambiguity and adapt to quickly shifting priorities
- Experience working cross-culturally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Experience in higher education and/or study abroad preferred
- Computer literacy (strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products). Experience working in a CRM database is a plus. Advanced Excel knowledge helpful.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and follow data protocols
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High energy and positive outlook
- An interest in the environment
SFS was founded with the belief that stewardship of our planet is the responsibility of people all around the world. Addressing complex global issues requires the active inclusion of stakeholders with varying perspectives and identities. We recognize that to successfully address threats to our natural world, we must look beyond social constructs that divide us. Just as we value biodiversity in all of its forms, we value and engage with a multitude of diverse perspectives and people in the countries where we work and the students and staff we serve.
SFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, caste, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetics, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnic origin, or veteran status.